<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R0cketer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Canadian healthcare system is not that great, but can anybody say ours is? I don't know if we need universal healthcare but there does need to be an overhaul and not sure how it will be done, or if it can be done. I know it sucks that my insurance, that I pay way too much for, gives me generics and people who get it free, get the good stuff. I know it sucks that people who have a hangnail get disability and my dad, who has white lung, and can barely walk anywhere that isn't level ground or over a couple 100 yards, gets his blacklung, and then the company appeals, he loses it, goes through the process again, gets it again, they appeal something else, and on and on. Their goal, fight him tooth and nail, eventually he dies and they don't have to pay as much as they should.

Crap like that needs to be fixed.

Now did Obama win the debate? That's debateable, but did McCain win it, nope and he really needed to. Why Obama didn't have answers or anything that might work in some cases, McCain just says its not that difficult to fix, like Social Security. Where the hell has he been since that's been a problem that's been staring the country in the face for how long but hey, just say its not difficult to fix and people might believe you.

Looking at the sites that critique what the candidates say, both of them again exaggerated some things or outright lied about some things but guess what, I know this probably breaks some of your hearts, but it was pretty much a 50/50 split on the lying, so for the Obama lovers, he lied, for the McCain fan club, he lied too.

</div></div>

The thing to remember with the the whole disability thing is that it is already in the Goverments court and as you pointed out it is not like they are doing a bangup job.


I DO think something needs to change in our health care system IMHO Lowering Primams will never happen unless medical care can get cheeper I am sure that most of us have seen the $50 tylonol and $20 kleanexesI know I have had a few personal situations in which the billing clearly was flubed up now is that the Insurance companys fault or the health care providers fault (I tend to think it falls in the lap of the Hospital to stop over billing insurance Co's However I do not like Insurance Co's telling what actions a Hospital can take to care for a pachent.


I will be the 1st to say that no plan will make everyone happy but it is not like everyone is happy now whatever the answer is I think the right way to handle it is a quick clean cut IF we are heading to a single payer system JUST DO IT the non goverment providers will die anyway since the Gov can cover rasies in there premiums via more tax funding and it will ony be a matter of time before insurence Co. and in line for a bailout themselfs